to the Grand Opening of
Saturday August 22
Please join us for a day of fun for the whole family.
Come at 10am for the Ribbon Cutting and First Planting Ceremony with
Minister for Territory and Municipal Services Shane Rattenbury.This will be followed by
- a planting bee to plant the first trees and supporting plants for the food forest,
- a free seed bomb workshop where kids (and ‘big kids’) can make seed bombs to take home to improve the soil in your own garden, and
- we will finish mulching the site.
Once we’ve worked up an appetite join us for a bring and share picnic lunch at 12.30pm.
We’ll provide a tea and coffee break at 11am.
- Gardening gloves (especially for the seed bomb workshop- some seeds can be sharp!)
- Spades, shovels, rakes, trowels, wheelbarrows and watering cans
- Sturdy shoes
- Drinking water
- A picnic blanket
- Something to share for the picnic
- Hat and sunscreen